Sitting in the trenches listening to the gun.
Waiting in the darkness.
This was never going to be much fun.
It wasn’t what I wanted sitting in this place.
Knee deep in water.
Fighting an enemy that doesn’t have a face.
I am only just a boy scared beyond belief.
Fighting for my country.
Stepping on the bodies, no time to feel my grief.
Soaking wet I close my eyes, and say a prayer.
Thinking of better days.
And hoping there is someone left to care.
Standing on the frontline deafened by the roar.
Praying for forgiveness.
Hiding in the shadows crouched upon the floor.
Searching for a reason to kill my fellow man.
Fixing on my bayonet.
I hope one day you all will understand.
I didn’t want to come, but i didn’t have a voice.
I am waiting for a bullet, that’s come to make my choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment